Last updated September 13, 2022
This privacy notice for Attendance Keeper ('Company', 'we', 'us', or 'our',), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ('process') your information when you use our services ('Services'), such as when you:
* Download and use our mobile application (Attendance Keeper), or any other application of ours that links to this privacy notice
* Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
This summary provides key points from our privacy notice, but you can find out more details about any of these topics by clicking the link following each key point or by using our table of contents below to find the section you are looking for.
What personal information do we process? When you visit, use, or navigate our Services, we may process personal information depending on how you interact with Attendance Keeper and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Do we process any sensitive personal information? We may process sensitive personal information when necessary with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Do we receive any information from third parties? We do not receive any information from third parties.
How do we process your information? We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so.
In what situations and with which parties do we share personal information? We may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties.
How do we keep your information safe? We have organisational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information.
What are your right Where here you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information?
The personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Sensitive Information. When necessary, with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we process the following categories of sensitive information:
* face data: The Attendance keeper App is purely used to identify the user using the Facial Recognition System to successfully clock in and clock out. An admin capture’s users’ pictures and trains our server from our Admin Portal from attendancekeeper.net. We are not sharing this information with anyone. We are storing these data on a secure server.
Application Data. If you use our application(s), we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
* Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's camera, and other features. This Camera access feature is only used to identify the user for clock-in and clock-out.
* Push Notifications. We may request to send you to push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application(s). If you wish to opt out of receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our application(s), for troubleshooting, and our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
* To deliver and facilitate the delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
* To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
* To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
* Consent. We may process your information if you have permitted us (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
* Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request before entering into a contract with you.
* Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
* Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
In legal terms, we are generally the 'data controller' under European data protection laws of the personal information described in this privacy notice, since we determine the means and/or purposes of the data processing we perform. This privacy notice does not apply to the personal information we process as a 'data processor on behalf of our customers. In those situations, the customer we provide services to and with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement is the 'data controller responsible for your personal information, and we merely process your information on their based on your instructions. If you want to know more about our customers' privacy practices, you should read their privacy policies and direct any questions you have to them.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e. express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e. implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
* If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
* For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
* For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
* If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
* For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
* If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or maybe a victim of financial abuse
* If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement infringement on of the laws of Canada or a province
* If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
* If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
* If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
* If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following third parties.
We may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
* Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than 90 days.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected]
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section 'HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE? (#contact) ' below.
We will consider and act upon any request by applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section 'HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ('DNT') feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognising and implementing DNT signals has been finalised. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the 'Shine The Light' law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Services, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a 'resident' as:
(1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
(2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as 'non-residents'.
If this definition of 'resident' applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
Category Examples Collected
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
Gender and date of birth
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
Browsing history, search history, online behaviour, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
Business contact details to provide you with our Services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
Student records and directory information
Inferences are drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories through instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
* Receiving help through our customer support channels;
* Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
* Facilitation the delivery of our Services and respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at [email protected], by visiting https://attendancekeeper.net, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorised agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorised agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorised to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers according to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be the 'selling' of your personal information.
Attendance Keeper has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. Attendance Keeper will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users, and other consumers.
Your rights concerning your data
Right to request deletion of the data — Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed — Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
* whether we collect and use your personal information;
* the categories of personal information that we collect;
* the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
* whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
* the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
* the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
* the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
By applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine if you are the same person with whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with the information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information to verify your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
* You may object to the processing of your personal information.
* You may request correction of your data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
* You can designate an authorised agent to request the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorised agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorised to act on your behalf following the CCPA.
* You may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at [email protected], by visiting https://attendancekeeper.net, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated 'Revised' date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
620 London Road
If you are a resident in the United Kingdom, the 'data controller of your personal information is an Attendance Keeper. Attendance Keeper has appointed Tanvir Sha to be its representative in the UK. You can contact them directly regarding the processing of your information by Attendance Keeper, by email at [email protected], by visiting https://attendancekeeper.net, or by post to:
620 London Road